This call for funding is now closed.
This funding opportunity will provide research grants of up to $150,000 over a maximum of 24 months to support high-impact projects that seek to develop novel microbiome-based therapies.
Please refer to the Program Details and Request for Applications (RFA) for more information and details on how to apply.
To provide funding to Canadian scientists performing high-risk, high-reward translational research that leverages the microbiome towards improving human health.
- Total available funding: $1.5 million (approx. 10 projects)
- Project size: $150,000
- Duration: Up to 24 months
- Establish an innovative line of translational research and provide evidence in support of new health applications that leverage the microbiome (i.e. interventions or preventative health)
- Catalyze longer term bench-to-bedside initiatives that seek to move therapies from discovery through to clinical application
- Focus on eligible research surrounding prebiotic strategies.
- Full definitions can be found in the Program Details document.
How to Apply
1. Confirm intent to apply by emailing email@example.com
2. Submit a completed Letter of Intent (see template above)
Information webinars: January 29th and 30th, 2019 @ 1:00pm EST
LOI deadline: February 11th, 2019 @ 2:00pm EDT
Proposal deadline: April 11th, 2019 @ 2:00 pm EDT
Anticipated Award Notice: May, 2019
Registration for the Information Session can be found here.