This call for funding is now open.
This funding opportunity will provide research grants of up to $450,000 over a maximum of 36 months to support early-career researchers in undertaking highly innovative projects in the microbiome sciences.
Please refer to the Program Details and Request for Applications (RFA) for more information and details on how to apply.
To accelerate the development and application of new technologies and approaches that leverage the microbiome to improve health.
- Total available funding: $1.8 million (approx. 4 projects)
- Project size: up to $450,000
- Duration: Up to 36 months
- Conduct translational research and development focused on delivering new microbiome-based health strategies or implementation studies focused on the application and adoption of microbiome-based health strategies.
- Strive to develop a new recommendation, intervention, technology, system or preventative strategy that improves health by leveraging the microbiome.
- Be in any relevant discipline including biomedical, dietary, engineering, information technology, social science, etc.
- Lead by an early career researcher (<5 years active) at the level of assistant professor or higher) for the tenure of the award.
- Full definitions can be found in the Program Details document.
How to Apply
1. Confirm intent to apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Submit a completed Letter of Intent (see template above)
Information webinars: October 2nd, 13th, 2020 @ 1:00pm EST
LOI deadline: Rolling, final submission Nov 30th, 2020 @ 2:00pm EST
Proposal deadline: Rolling (5 week period for submission)
Anticipated Award Notice: Rolling
Registration for the Information Session can be found here.