This call for funding is now closed.
This funding opportunity will provide research grants of up to $200,000 over a maximum of 24 months to support high-impact projects that seek to leverage the microbiome to improve health.
Please refer to the Program Details and Request for Applications (RFA) for more information and details on how to apply.
To provide funding to Canadian scientists performing high-risk, high-reward translational research that leverages the microbiome towards improving human health.
- Total available funding: $2 million (approx. 10 projects)
- Project size: $200,000
- Duration: Up to 24 months
- Establish an innovative line of translational or implementation research and provide proof-of-principle evidence in support of new health applications.
- Work towards a recommendation, intervention or preventative strategy that improves health by leveraging the microbiome.
- Focus on eligible research surrounding the application of lifestyle approaches in microbiome health.
- Full definitions can be found in the Program Details document.
How to Apply
1. Confirm intent to apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Submit a completed Letter of Intent (see template above)
Information webinars: January 7th, 9th, 2020 @ 11:00am EST
LOI deadline: January 21st, 2020 @ 2:00pm EST
Proposal deadline: May 14th, 2020 @ 4:00 pm EDT
Anticipated Award Notice: June, 2020
Registration for the Information Session can be found here.