This call for funding is now closed.
Prebiotics, Probiotics, Postbiotics
This funding opportunity will provide research grants of up to $150,000 over 18 months to support high-impact projects that seek to develop novel microbiome-based therapies.
Please refer to the Program Details and Request for Applications (RFA) for more information and details on how to apply.
To provide funding to Canadian scientists performing high-risk, high-reward translational research that modulates the microbiome to improve human health.
Stream 1: Prebiotics
Stream 2: Probiotics
Definitions can be found in the Program Details.
- Total available funding: $1.5 million (approx. 5 projects per stream)
- Project size: $150,000
- Duration: Up to 18 months
- Establish an innovative line of translational research and provide evidence in support of new health applications that leverage the microbiome (i.e. interventions or preventative health)
- Catalyze longer term bench-to-bedside initiatives that seek to move therapies from discovery through to clinical application
- Focus on modulation of the microbiome to improve health by one of two paths: 1) prebiotic approaches and 2) probiotic or postbiotic strategies
How to Apply
1. Confirm intent to apply by emailing email@example.com
2. Submit a completed Letter of Intent (see template above)
Information webinars: February 27th and 28th, 2018 @ 1:00pm EST
LOI deadline: March 30th, 2018 @ 2:00pm EDT
Proposal deadline: August 1st, 2018
Anticipated Award Notice: September, 2018
Registration for the Information Session can be found here.